sunnuntai 7. joulukuuta 2014

Christmas cards: Green edition

I am at last getting my Christmas cards done... Last weekend I made green, red and gold backgrounds on A3 watercolour paper, and all week I've been experimenting on different stamped images to use with them. Since I don't like throwing stuff away, I expect all the experiments to end up on the cards one way or another: Green, red and golden Christmas cards!

The green background was made by spreading Evergreen Bough and Pine Needles -Distress Inks straight on the paper from the ink pads and spraying with plain water and Colour Bloom in Pearl White. As the paper was drying, I added some seasalt. The result was so uneven I was quite disapointd to start with, but actually once the pieces were cut to a bit less than A6 size, they look really lovely.


I made the toppers by cutting A6 cardstock in two. I used the Winter Edges stamp set from Chocolate Baroque for several experiments with inks, embossing and gilding with Megaflakes Winter Dawn. Then I remembered that I have Some Christmas stamps from Crafty Individuals ( Mini Christmas Trees) and tried them too. The CI Christmas trees (with Stickles in Eukalyptus) ended being my favourite of these.




2 kommenttia:

  1. Love the backgrounds!!! the card is stunning1 Beautiful layering of shadowed trees! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Fabulous background effect - lovely Christmas cards.
    Thanks for playing along at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    VastaaPoista