keskiviikko 25. helmikuuta 2015

Embrace imperfection

I've been a bit behind on the DLP art journaling prompts... Not much, but I decided to do two prompts on the same spread: week 6 (undercover layers) and week 7 (repeated elements). I am posting this Journal spread for the SimonSaysStamp challenges Wednesday (Add a little texture) and Monday (No rules). Sorry how blurred this large picture looks, I hope the zoom ins are a bit better.


I started by journaling on the whole spread. I have last done diary entries when I was a teen, and found it very enchanting to know that no-one (not even I myself) would read this ever again! As soon as the page was full I covered it with gesso. My gesso was actually more effective then I expected (or I could have used a stronger pen, this was pencil) since the fact that there is something underneath only shows in a couple of places. I doubt anyone would notice this if they didn't know it was there!


My repeated element is this TCW Maroccan tiles stencil. I sprayed with green and blue (Dylusions Fresh Lime and London Blue and Colour Bloom Lime Wedge), alternating between using the stencil as a mask and "stamping" with the excess ink. I wanted to add some texture, and used crackle paste with the same stencil on some areas. I ended up spraying some light blue and pink pearl mists on the white areas.


I wanted my sentiment to be this lovely Zettiology stamp. It is so small that I gathered a bunch of stuff to make it the focal point of the spread: paper doilies, that were sprayed with the same mists (and somehow do repeat the tile patterns of the stencil), underpapers, ribbon and pieces from a silk scarf. I made a sandwich of the lot and sewed everything together before adhering them to the page. I love getting the chance to add some thread and stitches in the journal!


2 kommenttia:

  1. Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  2. Nice texture! This is a beautiful journal page!

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!
    ~Hugs~
    Chelsey
    Simon Says Stamp

    VastaaPoista