sunnuntai 29. maaliskuuta 2015

A dance for spring

I was lucky with mr. Random and won a grab bag of stamps from the Rubberdance February challenge. They arrived yesterday: a really generous pile of sturdy deeply etched stamps (they are causing a bit of a storage problem :) I have been waiting for them to arrive, wanting to ink them up with green, yellow and orange for the ongoing Rubberdance March challenge. Company stamps are not required, but now that I have them it is more than appropriate! I am also posting for the SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge and the Country View challenge (anything goes on both of them)

I looked through my pile, finding lots of beach images that I felt didn't lend themselves to the green-yellow-orange colour scheme. The dancing lady with a flower bouquet felt perfect and I started with some watercolour stamping: I coloured the stamp with Distress inks in yellow, orange and green, spritzed with water and stamped on Canson Imagine -mixed media paper. The first try was too yellow, but the second one was fine. Then the rest was just about choosing what to do with the image!

I found a suitable burnt orange paper in a pad from Studio Light and took some white flowers (Vivi Gade) and stamped on them with stamps from the grab bag: a harlequin stamp and text background from beside an asian woman. You can see (a small part of) the new stamps on the sides, there really was lots in that pack!


To put my card together I cut a narrow strip from each side of the orange paper. It's weird that 6x6 card blanks can't fit a 6x6 paper! I used a ruler to tear a piece of kraft packing paper, crumpled it up and smoothed it out before adhering to the card base. The yellow paper twine has come with a flower ages ago... I added my stamped image and three cute brads that suited the colour (I only had three of these, so they have been waiting for the right project!) and two MDF sprigs from Tando Creative.




I adhered the flowers on top of each other and pierced a hole through them before adhering to the card base. They are hiding the corner that doesn't have a brad and resting on the MDF leaves, so to secure them I continued the piercing through the orange card and added a larger brad. The piece was mounted on a cream card base. These happen to be my favourite colours, so needless to say I really like the result!

7 kommenttia:

  1. Oooh lucky you Kristiina winning this lovely rubber. Your card is beautiful, I love the colours you've used. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Beautiful card! I love that stamp too! Thanks for playing along at our *Rubber Dance Stamps* challenge ♥

    VastaaPoista
  3. I'm so glad you finally got to play with the stamps you won from us, Kristiina! :) Your card is beautiful, love how you used the stamps and the colour scheme. Thank you so much for making a card with our stamps and for entering our challenge for March!

    VastaaPoista
  4. What a wonderful card, love the way you coloured the stamp!

    VastaaPoista
  5. Awesome! Thanks for joining us over at Rubber Dance Art Stamps this month!

    VastaaPoista
  6. This is fab, I love the watercolour stamping with that stamp. Thanks for joining us again a Rubber Dance :)

    VastaaPoista
  7. Wonderful card Kristiina! I love the stamp you've used and the colours are gorgeous.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Hugs
    Mandy xx

    VastaaPoista