sunnuntai 1. marraskuuta 2015

Warm wishes

The new Rubber Dance challenge is out, and it will run through November and December. Read more about the challenge, and find more inspirational projects here.

Nov/Dec Challenge:

I decided to make a card that is suitable for many situations, Christmas among others:) This looks cool and is so easy I could consider mass producing too! The worst part was tearing the linen, it was surprisingly strong.



I heat embossed some flower heads from I Love Leaves in white on watercolour paper, sprinkled Brusho in Ultra Marine and Turqoise and gave the card a spritz of water. I love sewing and wanted some texture on my card, so I tore a piece from white linen, adhered the image with double sided tape and sewed around it. I finished my card by mounting the piece on a card blank and adding the sentiment from Winter Greetings.

All the pieces ready to be put together
Don'n place double sided tape in areas you plan to sew over,
the needle gets sticky!
The sentiment has some low foam tape behind it

I hope you find time to take part in the challenge, you can win some lovely rubber stamps! You don't have to use Rubber Dance stamps for the challenge, but of course we would love to see them used. If you want to do some shopping, you can get 15% discount by using the code kristiina2015. I love doing a bit of mail art, so I finished my project by stamping the same weeds on the envelope using blue Distress Inks.







3 kommenttia:

  1. So delicate and pretty. Loved the frayed linen. Hugz

    VastaaPoista
  2. Lovely card, Kristiina! What a great idea to use the flowers from Weed Love for a winter card! They look awesome in white on blue. Thank you! <3

    VastaaPoista
  3. Lovely card, Kristiina! What a great idea to use the flowers from Weed Love for a winter card! They look awesome in white on blue. Thank you! <3

    VastaaPoista