tiistai 26. tammikuuta 2016

More Mixed Media CAS

My very first ever piece of home decor! Actually I made a similar card recently, a friend wanted to hang it on her wall, so I offered to make a similar one that would fit in the frame she had. Here goes, posting for the Ribbon Girl January challenge (Any Image), the Stamplorations mixed media challenge (anything goes) and the Craft Stamper take-it-make-it challenge (Take a Stamp). I am also linking to the Rubber Dance January challenge (black and white + chosen splash of colour). It was hard to get a decent photo through the glass...


The middle square is a mixed media background (scrap paper glued on scrap card covered with gesso and white acrylic paint). There was some blue ink on the scraps, that seeped through the layers. Texture paste has been added through TH bubbles and there's Stampendous Chunky white embossing enamel, some half pearls and white thread. The stamps I used are all from Rubber Dance Art Stamps, butterfly wings from Antique Botanicals, mannequin from Sew Sweet (stamped on shrink plastic and covered with Glossy Accents) and text from Affirmations. I used washi tape to mask the text while spreading ink so I could stamp the parts I wanted. I cut a piece of white cardstock to measure the frame (from Ikea), eyeballed the center square in place and sewed around it. Oh, and some blue Distress inks were involved with the edges before sewing :) Here's a picture I took before placing the piece inside the frame.





2 kommenttia:

  1. Beautiful piece of home decor. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... Linda xx

    VastaaPoista
  2. Beautiful framed artwork, Kristiina! The colours are so pretty and elegant. Love how you used my mannequin stamp - looks really cool on shrink plastic with that glossy finish!! Thank you so much!
    ♥♥♥

    VastaaPoista