sunnuntai 30. lokakuuta 2016

V and U

Still playing along with the Craft Barn Alpha/dictionary challenge. I really haven't had time for any crafting lately, and I guess the only reason I'm doing these is that I would hate to quit without having the whole alphabet done. I once again searched my wildlife encyclopedia for animals with weird names... though I guess I've heard of vikunjas before. So welcome on a short trip to South America. Starting with the challenge letters V (challenge ending tonight) and U (challenge opened today). Oh,how I hate to have to take picrures under artificial light, but the sun set an hour earlier today than yesterday (and it's been gloomy all week, so lights are on anyway!)


Both of the backgrounds are age-old masterboards that I have lying in a drawer. Not much to say otherwise. The Vikuña has just brayered paints and some stamping with "aztec doll" stamps from Rubber Dance, though I guess the Peru/north Chile is Inca area, not Aztec... The Unau is called the Linnaeus two-toed sloth, and it's background just has paints, both brayered and stencilled. Here are the backs of the cards with some info about the animals... but you could just as well check wikipedia!
Vikuña and Unau.

8 kommenttia:

  1. I always learn something new every time I visit. Both these entries are lovely. Seems a good way to use up a leftover piece of masterboard, too.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Kirjoittaja on poistanut tämän kommentin.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Both entries are super - than you for joining in the Craft Barn Alpha Challenge xx

    VastaaPoista
  4. I live the idea of basing your dictionary around animals! I'm off to check out your other ones :-)

    Sally

    VastaaPoista
  5. More beautiful backgrounds for your wildlife card. It's very satisfying when you use pieces that have been lying around for a long time just waiting for their fifteen minutes of fame.

    VastaaPoista
  6. Two more new animals. This is going to be such a great set when you finish. I'm glad you listed them all as I was wondering which letters we had left to complete.

    VastaaPoista
  7. 2 more exotic animals. You will have a wonderful collection at the end of all this.

    VastaaPoista
  8. Lovely projects. I always look forward to seeing what animals you have picked.

    VastaaPoista