sunnuntai 15. maaliskuuta 2015

Star gazing

I decided to start a second calendar for 2016 using the Craft Barn prompts. After all at this point I am only two months behind, and I can catch up with reasonable effort. I recently realized how lovely images can be made using collage with underpapers, so I chose that for a personal theme. The Craft Barn words for the March calendar are Yellow and Rabbits. I am also posting this for the Stampotique Designers challenge (Stars) and the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge (B is for... Bunnies)


The "Crowned Bunnies" are from Crafty Individuals. I stamped them on some yellow underpaper and pieced the crowns with complementing colours. I didn't want the page to become too thick, so I started by stamping all over the area with some background stamps, after which I spread some acrylic paints using a plastic card. This gives a very thin layer and the stamping almost shows, even though the colour is quite dark. I continued be collaging the ground and some trees, and sewing on them for some added interest and texture.


I'm sorry I didn't take an in between picture after adhering everything in place but before doodling with a white Sharpie. It is amazing what an effect the doodling had!  Now I'm ready to say this is the coolest of these calendar pages that I've done so far, or that this is one I could put on my own wall. It really makes me smile. 



The other pages of this collage-themed calendar can be found here:

10 kommenttia:

  1. Oooh. I love your calendar page! It's fabulous. I especially love the background you created and those fabulous bunnies!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

    VastaaPoista
  2. This is so pretty! I love the bright colors and the bunnies are sweet sitting in the scene! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    VastaaPoista
  3. I like what you have done with the bunnies, they are so sweet.

    VastaaPoista
  4. Great collage, looove the sewing, and what a totally different page you have with the same 2 words and with the same stamps.

    VastaaPoista
  5. Love the page, the rabbits are perfect for star gazing :)

    VastaaPoista
  6. Another excellent March page, bravo!! I love the Hare stamps :o))

    VastaaPoista
  7. A Great page, love the white pen work around the stars

    VastaaPoista
  8. I always love this stamp. Fabulous colour combinations xx

    VastaaPoista