sunnuntai 6. joulukuuta 2015

Masterboards

I still have a whole pile of brayered card waiting to be stamped into masterboards. I got so carried away after watching Leandra's video, that I'm not going to have time to post all of those before the Paperartsy masterboard challenge is over on Sunday:)


This piece of card was extra glossy and I wasn't using only Fresco paints, so I started with a layer of gesso. I smooched it around with a brush, and didn't give the brush strokes a slightest thought before they showed up as I started brayering with colours. Actually I like the painterly look it gives, could do that just for the effect even if it wasn't necessary as a base! I divided the base i two and used different stamps and Versamagic inks for both.


I stamped the first half with Lavinia stamps. I used an embossing dabber through a stencil to add snowflakes, and realized (too late) that the stamping was still wet. I didn't wants everything to turn out white, so I used a brush to wipe of the white embossing powder where I could. I added shiny kaleidoskope powder to emboss the parts where the white had been over the stamping. The result is kind of grungy, the stamping barely shows. After this pic I also added chunky white embossing sprinkles.


The second half was stamped with stamps from Ryn. I used the same inks, but decided to be smart and heat emboss the stamping with clear embossing powder before the stenciled snowflakes.


I really like that the stamping pops out with the embossed dimension. The snowflakes were embossed with a sparkly white and I added splatters of chunky white embossing.


Here's the pair again. I chomped the corners, because he original corners of the card were rounded. Both pieces cut nicely into a 5,5 x 5,5 inch square and a narrower panel.


I already used the left piece for two cards. The above pictures have been taken under my gloomy work light, the below gives a better picture of the actual colours... or perhaps the real colour is somewhere in between. The text says "Merry Christmas" in Finnish.













Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti