lauantai 6. elokuuta 2016

Colour mixing

The Paperartsy challenge is asking for colour mixing. I just had to take out my gelli plate after looking at Ellie Knolls post. Couldn't wait to combine acrylics with Infusions, yay!


I started with my 6x6 plate, brayered paint, misted, sprinkled Infusions, misted again... I had some trouble with the amount of water but got some nice 2.generation prints. This card is with the top right print. I used Pumpkin Soup and Snowflake + Sunset Beach... my previous print was the blue one, and I got touches of green when the blue leftovers attached to the yellow. And I still have quite a bunch to use for other projects...


I stamped the Jofy flower on booktext and coloured with colour pencils. The "sentiment" is a bit of text that caught my eye as I worked with the flower (on the leftovers of the page after fussy cutting the flower). It says approximately

A couple of metres wide
chanels split up the grey forest
and it started to bloom

And in that way the combining of two phrases from the book results in a kind of mini poem. The flower and poem have foam tape behind them for a touch of dimension.














1 kommentti:

  1. Ohh this is gorgeous, I was really taken with Ellie's post too, love that mixing of infusions and paint, very clever indeed.

    VastaaPoista