tiistai 30. elokuuta 2016

In the garden

The theme at Art Journal Journey is "nature's wonders" and I'm kind of playing with the flora part on this spread. We have lots of apples this year, and I spent the weekend cooking apple sauce... the snow last winter ripped the old tree in two and it's amazing that a half dead tree can push such a harvest! Since this well might be one of the last times it does so, I decided to use the apples in my journal too. It's quite a shame that I can so barely squeeze in time for a single spread per month, but that's the way life gets in the way every now and then.


I had some yellow splats on the spread and used a spotty stencil to build up a leafy background. It is a bit restless, but that's my life. I tried stamping with an apple that I cut in half, but it really didn't show up, so I stamped on a piece of paper and cut it into a stencil. Sponged through the stencil, the apples were visible, and I continued with a charcoal pencil and some white highlights. ( The apples I've been busy with are a green/white colour ). I ran into this lovely sentiment the other day, and it of course fits for harvesting season!



5 kommenttia:

  1. What a fun spread, apples are wonderful little wonders! Thanks for joining us at AJJ, hugs, Valerie

    VastaaPoista
  2. I love this! Love the colours and the quote.
    What a fabulous idea making the stencil from the apple that you used for a stamp.
    Sorry that you're not getting much creative time, I really appreciate you joining in at AJJ - thank you.
    gill x

    VastaaPoista
  3. This is so beautiful - I love the soft colors and the wonderful script on the pages! The quote is fantastic!
    SO glad you have joined us again at Art Journal Journey Kristiina! Hope to see you in the future again there!
    oxo Susi

    VastaaPoista
  4. Loving your apples. This time of year says apples, doesn't it? :) Erika

    VastaaPoista
  5. Beautiful pages you created with your special apples and wonderful colors!
    oxo

    VastaaPoista